About this Event
The Arkansas Summer Research Institute (ASRI) is a two-week intensive professional development event hosted by Arkansas NSF EPSCoR in collaboration with the Arkansas School for Mathematics, Sciences, & the Arts (ASMSA). The event is attended by students from Arkansas and the surrounding region. During the event, students learn a blend of technical skills and professional skills.
Recap videos from 2017, 2018, and 2019 can be found on the AREPSCoR YouTube Channel, from when the event was held in person on the ASMSA campus in Hot Springs, AR.
The ASRI was held virtually for the first time during late July 2020 with 48 undergraduate participants. The event will be virtual moving forward so that more students and presenters can participate.
The 2021 ASRI accepted more than 100 students from 13 states and recruited more than 50 presenters and panelists spanning many STEM disciplines and fields. Follow the conversation around #ArkansasSRI on Twitter and LinkedIn.
Here’s some KEY INFO:
*The event takes place June 6-17, 2021 (Monday-Friday).
* The deadline to apply is TBD.
* Students who complete the full ASRI (two weeks) will be eligible for several prizes! Last year, students won prizes like 3D printers, wireless clickers, 1-TB external hard drives, and more. (Prizes subject to change each year.)
* Some activities will take place interactively in groups online through Zoom, and some activities will be solo assignments on your own time.
* Students will interact with faculty, admissions officers, and entrepreneurs from around the state, including opportunities for networking.
* Students will work on research presentations that will be presented to the group live through Zoom (use your own research or present research from a lab you are interested in). Students will have help from ASRI Staff in developing these presentations.
0 people are interested in this event