About this Event
As part of the EPSCoR Track 1 DART project, the Cyberinfrastructure Research Theme will host a series of two-day workshops this Fall. These workshops are part of a series that we are calling the “Getting Started with the Arkansas Research Platform” series.
The content of each workshop is the same and focuses on how faculty and students can gain access to, and use, the high performance computing resources in the State. All workshops are in-person and will not be recorded. Additional workshops may be added if there is sufficient interest.
There is no cost to register or attend these workshops.
Registration is limited to 1 per person for the series. You must be able to attend both days.
- September 29 – 30 University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences
- CANCELLED >> October 13 – 14 Arkansas State University
- October 27 – 28 University of Arkansas at Little Rock
- CANCELLED >> November 7 – 8 Southern Arkansas University
Who can attend?
- This workshop is open to faculty, students, and staff enrolled at any Institute of Higher Education in Arkansas.
- No previous experience is required.
- You must be able to attend both days of the workshop.
Registration is not limited to the members of the campus at which the workshop is being hosted.
What is covered?
A detailed draft agenda is available for review here.
- Accessing HPC resources
- Open OnDemand Interface
- Command Line Interface
- Moving and Storing Data
- Running and Scheduling Jobs
- Computing Requirements:
- Participants are encouraged to bring their own computer with a Mac, Linux, or Windows operating system (not a tablet, Chromebook, etc.)
- Participants will need the ability to install software either before or during the workshop
- Lunch will be provided on both days to maximize our time together.
- Additional details, including specific room numbers and parking details will be sent to all registrants closer to the date of the workshop.